LIVE transfer talk: Man United and PSG pursue Roma’s Abraham
The transfer window may be closed across Europe but teams are looking towards the summer and things are swirling around. Transfer Talk brings you the latest rumours, comings, goings and of course completed deals!
TOP STORY: Man United, PSG monitor Abraham
Manchester United And Paris St Germain both watch AS Roma striker Tammy Abrahamaccordingly Gazetta dello Sport.
The report states that the two European giants have dispatched scouts to monitor the Roma 1-1 Draw on Saturday against AC Milan, in which Abraham opened the scoring. It’s reportedly not the first time United’s scouts have been to the Stadio Olimpico to watch England International this season. Head coach Erik ten Hag is looking for a replacement for the striker Wout Weghorst in the summer, the Dutchman should get back on board Burnley after the expiry of his loan deal at Old Trafford.
However, there could be competition from PSG who are considering a move for Abraham Hugo Ekitikloaned to the Parc des Princes Stade de Reims.
Chelsea also have the option to re-sign Abraham for €80m and Roma general manager Tiago Pinto is believed to insist that any club wishing to sign him must meet that rating. Even if a club offers that, the Blues will get an upfront refusal to bring back the striker, who left Stamford Bridge for €40m in the summer of 2021.
Tottenham HotspurManchester United’s scouts were also present at Saturday’s game, although it is not certain it was Abraham.
– Stream on ESPN+: LaLiga, Bundesliga, more (USA)
11.52 CET: Arsenal midfielder Charlie Patino will leave the club this summer, he says the athlete.
Patino, 19, is highly rated and has performed well on loan at Blackpool this season despite relegation, but the Gunners are “receptive to his desire to seek regular first-team football”.
Despite having a contract until 2025, the midfielder is keen to continue and is like a striker Folarin Balogun, doesn’t want another loan swap.
10.48 CET: Would Chelsea get a manager upgrade here?
Why Pochettino might not be right for Chelsea
Gab Marcotti explains why he has doubts whether Mauricio Pochettino will succeed as Chelsea manager.
09.55 CET: The “fight” sign Gabriel Veiga intensifies Diary AS‘ Front page reports on Monday that Barcelona are in the race to sign the rising star from Celta Vigo alongside Real Madrid, Liverpool, Manchester United, Manchester City and Bayern Munich.
Veiga, 20, has become one of LaLiga’s most sought-after youngsters this season after scoring nine goals for Celta and an affordable €40m release clause means he is likely to move this summer.
According to AS, Madrid are “very interested” and talks have already been held with Liverpool, United, City and Bayern – with Veiga now being represented by agent Pini Zahavi – while Barca would be keen to push for the midfielder’s signature if the finances were to come allow and they are unable to negotiate anything in return Lionel Messi.
09.12 CET: Francesco Calvo, head of football at Juventus Turin, has campaigned for this Massimiliano Allegri to remain coach of the team into the next season as well, despite the team’s poor form.
Juve are third in the table but have not won in Serie A since April 1 and have lost three of their last four league games.
Allegri, who is in his second spell as Juventus head coach after returning to the club in July 2021, is under more pressure after Sunday’s 1-1 draw in Bologna.
“Allegri’s confirmation? To say that Allegri is confirmed at this moment is obvious.” said Kalvo. “That’s what we think. Allegri has returned to Juventus for a four-year project, we’re not even halfway done because we haven’t finished the second season.
“For Allegri, the 11 trophies in seven years at Juventus and the two Champions League finals speak for themselves. That is absolutely not up for debate. It is important for us that we want to learn, grow and improve even in a season like this.” . That’s a wish we have as directors, the coaches and the players.”
08.30 CET: Barcelona are in advanced talks with Lamine Yamal‘s agents for the teenager to sign his first pro contract, Mundo Deportivo reports.
The Spain striker, who was recently promoted to the first XI, turns 16 on July 13 and his youth contract expires at the end of the season. But with Real Madrid reportedly monitoring Yamal’s situation, Barca are accelerating negotiations.
Barca are optimistic that Yamal will stay at the club beyond this summer, especially after the player made his league debut last weekend. He became Barca’s youngest league debut after coming on as a substitute in Saturday’s 4-0 win over Real Betis.
How Erling Haaland made Premier League history against Fulham
Janusz Michallik speaks after Erling Haaland equaled the Premier League goal record in Man City’s 2-1 win.
PAPER GOSSIP (by Danny Lewis)
– Chelsea are monitoring the situation of the Paris Saint-Germain striker neymaraccordingly football insider, adding that a move could be difficult financially, although PSG may be looking to leave the 31-year-old. In another report, the same outlet suggests Chelsea have joined several First League Clubs are showing interest in the 19-year-old LeedsUnited winger Wilfried Gnonto.
– KVC Westerlo have struck Manchester City for signature of Melbourne city left behind Jordan Bossaccordingly FTBL. With both clubs owned by City Football Group, Bos was initially keen to move from Melbourne to sister club Manchester City, but Belgian club Westerlo have reportedly made an offer A league Record fee to land promising 20-year-old.
– Manchester United are ahead of Chelsea in their efforts to sign the Paris Saint-Germain full-back Achraf HakimiExpectations football insiderwith Les Parisiens open to offers from the 24-year-old. The Blues are said to be struggling to put together a financial package to sign that Morocco internationally, while the Red Devils are ready to meet PSG’s demands of around €60m.
– Manchester United, Tottenham and arsenal observe all the situation of crystal palace centre-back Marc Guehiaccordingly Ekrem Konur. The 22-year-old has impressed for Palace since joining from Chelsea in 2021, making three appearances for England.
-Arsenal and Liverpool interested in the situation of Stade Rennais midfield player Lovro Mayeraccording to the Daily Mail. The 25-year-old has not been as prominent this season as he has been for the league 1 side and supposedly wants to go.
– juventus, Inter Milan and AC Milan all have different interests Monza left behind Carlo Augustoreported foot Mercato. The 24-year-old is a priority for Juventus, Inter have been eyeing the Brazilian while Milan like him but are wary of meeting Monza’s transfer demands of at least €20m plus bonuses. There are also teams watching him from abroad in the form of Brighton & Hove Albion And Bayer Leverkusen.