- The projector is an indispensable multimedia device for a home theater or a business presentation!
- Top-5 best projectors under $300 in 2020
- Comparison table best models of 2020 that cost under $300
- 1. ViewSonic M1 Portable Projector with Dual Harman Kardon Speakers
- 2. BenQ MS524AE DLP 3,300 lumens reviews
- 3. Mini Projector HD Home Theater Android 7.1
- 4. ViewSonic PA503S 3,600 Lumens SVGA HDMI Projector
- 5. Epson VS250 SVGA 3,200 lumens color brightness
- Best projector under $300 – Buyer’s guide
The projector is an indispensable multimedia device for a home theater or a business presentation!
If you have decided to buy a best projector under 300, you will most likely face the problem of choice because it is not so easy to understand the variety of models offered in shops. To make the task simpler, you need to take in the main characteristics of projectors. Then it will be easier to choose a device that will meet your needs.
The review for the best projectors is based on the characteristics that influence the relevance of a model to its purpose. They are:
- Projection technologies. Most projectors work on DLP or LCD technologies, each of which has its advantages and disadvantages.
- A high brightness factor is important in business projectors the main purpose of which is to show presentations in a lighted room.
- It is of a greater importance in home theater projectors which are more often used in darkened rooms.
- The resolution of the projector must conform to the resolution of the image that you are going to use most often. For example, if you plan to transfer a picture from a Blu-ray player, you need a projector with the resolution of 1080p. If you are going to show presentations from a laptop screen, you will need a device with XGA resolution (1024*768).
- The possibility to connect the projector to various devices and Wi-Fi network.
- Support for 3D format.
Top-5 best projectors under $300 in 2020
- ViewSonic M1 Portable Projector with Dual Harman Kardon Speakers.
- BenQ MS524AE DLP 3,300 lumens.
- AEHR Mini Projector HD Home Theater Android 7.1.
- ViewSonic PA503S 3,600 Lumens SVGA HDMI Projector.
- Epson VS250 SVGA 3,200 lumens color brightness.
Comparison table best models of 2020 that cost under $300
|Picture||Product name||Main characteristics||Amazon Price|
|ViewSonic M1 Portable Projector with Dual Harman Kardon Speakers||Native Resolution: 854*480.
Image Brightness: 250 lumen.
Contrast Ratio: 120,000:1.
Display Technology: DLP.
Projection screen: 24-100 in.
Item Dimensions: 5*5.8*1.6 in.
|BenQ MS524AE DLP 3,300 lumens||Native Resolution: 800*600.
Image Brightness: 3,300 lumens.
Contrast Ratio: 15,000:1.
Display Technology: DLP.
Projection screen: 35-150 in.
Item Dimensions: 2.76*7.68*5.91 in
|Mini Projector HD Home Theater Android 7.1||Native Resolution: 800*600.
Image Brightness: 100 ANSI lumens.
Contrast Ratio: 2,000:1.
Display Technology: DLP.
Projection screen: 30-130 in.
Item Dimensions: 5.75*8.97*3.13 in
|ViewSonic PA503S 3,600 Lumens SVGA HDMI Projector||Native Resolution: 800*600.
Image Brightness: 3,600 ANSI lumens.
Contrast Ratio: 22,000:1.
Display Technology: DLP.
Projection screen: 30-300 in.
Item Dimensions: 11.57*8.58*4.33 in.
|Epson VS250 SVGA 3,200 lumens color brightness||Native Resolution: 800*600.
Image Brightness: 3,200 lumens.
Contrast Ratio: 15,000:1.
Display Technology: 3LCD.
Projection screen: 30-350 in.
Item Dimensions: 11.9*9.2*3.2 in.
1. ViewSonic M1 Portable Projector with Dual Harman Kardon Speakers
ViewSonic M1 is an ultra-mobile LED projector which guarantees comfortable rest and entertainment in almost any room. The projector has a built-in battery and its LED light source designed for more than 30,000 hours of operational life which means you will get years of multimedia entertainment in any place you choose.
The contrast ratio of the projector is 120000:1 and the lamp life is up to 30,000 hours. The native resolution is 854*480 pixels.
ViewSonic M1 achieves true-to-life color of images via SuperColor ™ technology which delivers authentic, superior colors without any distortion.
Dual speakers deliver stunning high frequencies, balanced mid-range and brilliance bass providing the perfect sound.
Its short-throw lens is ideal for displaying large images in small rooms.
The built-in battery provides up to 6 hours of operation.
When designing the M1, ViewSonic also paid special attention to user safety issues — eye protection function automatically shuts off power from the projector’s beam if it detects any objects that come too close to the lenses.
ViewSonic M1 offers universal connectivity options, including HDMI and USB Type-C interfaces for connecting to a laptop, smartphone or tablet, as well as to USB drives and MicroSD cards. With the built-in 16 GB memory, you can store the files directly in the internal storage. The projector instantly delivers multimedia content to the screen directly from a phone or tablet.
- Compact and lightweight.
- 16 GB of internal memory.
- Built-in battery provides up to 6 hours of work.
- 3 year warranty.
- Although it has two speakers, they are not too powerful – only 3W each.
ViewSonic M1 is an excellent solution for watching videos and other multimedia content.
2. BenQ MS524AE DLP 3,300 lumens reviews
It is one of the best models designed to display presentations.
DLP projection technology guarantees a live color transfer, clear pictures and text. The principle of DLP, based on the dot reflection from the mirrors of the DMD chip, promises the same color rendering for the entire service life like on the first day of use.
The contrast ratio (15,000:1) and brightness (3,300 lumens) make it possible to see the presentation in small details from the last rows of a lecture hall with the lights turned on.
The model features a simple intuitive control and is easy to maintain (DLP-based devices are not equipped with dust filters, so they are cheaper to maintain).
Its native resolution is SVGA (800*600).
Smart Eco technology which regulates the power of the light source increases the lamp life and helps save electricity.
- Brightness and contrast ideal for presentations.
- Does not support a wireless connection.
- The control panel cannot scroll through the presentation.
BenQ MS524AE projector is the best choice for an office or an educational institution.
3. Mini Projector HD Home Theater Android 7.1
It is a pocket mini-projector for iPhones and Android 7.1 smartphones. The weight of the device is 0.58 pound.
The projector uses one-matrix DLP technology. The lamp life is up to 30,000 hours.
The brightness is 100 lumens, the contrast is 2,000:1. The resolution is up to 1080p. It projects an image of up to 120 inches from a distance of 1-3 meters. Keystone correction is included.
The range of application of this mini-projector embraces a home theater, video games, photo shows and presentations. You need to darken the room.
The projector can be connected to a PC, a laptop, a macbook, a tablet PC, a PS4, a camera, a micro SD, mobile hard drives, a bluetooth speaker, etc.
You can download and install the application for this mini projector in Freeclick store. There are applications for Youtube, Netflix, etc.
Whether you’re in the classroom, the conference room or at home, Mini wireless projector allow you to easily share content wirelessly.
The battery when used continuously keeps the charge for 2-3 hours.
- Works perfectly well in Wi-Fi mode.
- The quality of the image is considerably inferior to classical projectors.
- Does not support subtitles.
It is a multifunctional multimedia projector in mini format for iPhones and Android smartphones.
4. ViewSonic PA503S 3,600 Lumens SVGA HDMI Projector
ViewSonic PA503S can create an impressive image in small classrooms and conference rooms. Due to the increased brightness and extended lamp life, the PA503S projector is guaranteed to display clear images with the smallest details in any environment within its long service life.
The native resolution is 800*600, while the aspect ratio is 4:3.
The projector automatically switches from “Normal” mode to “Eco” mode each time it works in a standby mode for more than 5 minutes.
The PA503S sleep timer will let you select a period of inactivity that will determine when the projector should put itself into sleep mode automatically.
If no signal is detected, the projector automatically shuts down to save energy and increase lamp life.
3,600 lm of brightness and 22,000:1 contrast ratio guarantee clear image in any circumstances including well-lit rooms.
ViewSonic’s patented SuperColour technology enables to reproduce a wider color range with more realistic and accurate colors in both light and dark rooms – the quality of image always remains high.
Five preset viewing modes provide the best settings for various situations when using the device both in the dark and in the light premises.
The PA503S projector’s HDMI port enables to display 3D content directly from Blu-Ray players or HDMI-enabled devices such as laptops, tablets and media players.
- Digital keystone correction.
- Convenient remote control.
- 3600 lumens with a contrast ratio of 22,000:1 for bright and clear presentations.
- The fan is a bit noisy.
Even though this compact, light, and easy to operate ViewSonic PA503S projector cannot be compared to Full HD models, it still offers the maximum possible features for a reasonable price.
5. Epson VS250 SVGA 3,200 lumens color brightness
The color brightness of this model is 3200 lumens; the contrast ratio is 15000:1. It delivers clear image, natural colors – even in well-lit rooms.
Epson is a global leader in manufacturing projectors. Epson VS250 featuring 3LCD technology has everything you might possibly need!
Epson VS250 projector was designed to make the installation and adjustment as quick as possible. The projector’s functional arsenal includes quick keystone correction, optional Wi-Fi support (you need to purchase a separate module), and a long lamp life that will let you to watch one movie a day during 15 years (in economy mode).
The impressive maximum size of the diagonal image is 350 inches. The quality of image is excellent as well – 3LCD technology brings advantages in brightness and color accuracy compared to competitors.
Even in well-lit rooms, this powerful projector creates an exceptionally bright and also very natural image rich in colors and smallest details.
- Automatic keystone distortion correction.
- Enables to view images directly from USB drive.
- No 3D format support.
- Requires purchasing separate Wi-Fi module.
- Low-power 2 watt mono speaker.
Epson VS250 projector will certainly attract everyone’s attention – whether it is family members, friends, colleagues or customers.
Best projector under $300 – Buyer’s guide
There is a huge variety of projectors presented on the market. Therefore, it is so difficult to choose the specific model.
A good home projector costs a lot of money. Its price will be comparable to the cost of a TV with similar characteristics. However, you will get much more impressions from watching movies via projector, especially if it is a high quality model.
All models presented in this review have shown good performance characteristics and positive customer reviews. All projectors have excellent reputations proven by time.
However, we can still single out ViewSonic PA503S as a winner. ViewSonic PA503S is a high-quality projector that delivers excellent quality while watching a movie at home or and dealing with business presentation at work.
This projector can bring authentic colors and high contrast into any room.
The advanced interface and support of various standards will let you to use this projector in any situation.
The projector works with 3D content, it has a minimal input lag, which – along with other technical characteristics – makes ViewSonic PA503S the best option for purchase.
ViewSonic PA503S is a light and compact projector that will serve you for a very long time!