- The best projector of 2020 worth up to $200 – expert review and buying guide
- Top-5 best cheap projector under $200
- Based on the chosen criteria, we offer you 5 best projectors up to $200 in 2020
- 1. GooDee Upgrade HD Video Projector
- 2. DR. J Professional HI-04 1080P Supported
- 3. DBPOWER L21 LCD Video Projector
- 4. VANKYO LEISURE 3 Mini Projector
- 5. Bomaker Wi-Fi Mini Projector
- 6. YABER Portable Projector Y60
- So, what have to be considered when choosing projector?
- Conclusion – Best projector under 200 dollars – Buying guide
The best projector of 2020 worth up to $200 – expert review and buying guide
Are you looking for a best projector under $200? As projectors become increasingly popular, their market extends and buyers have to choose from many variants with different characteristics in any price range.
Different types of projectors are available on the market today. Before you plan to buy it, you have to define your requirements clearly: do you need the projector only for movies, games, or as an alternative to the TV? And perhaps you are going to use it for the business purposes. If you travel much, you, most likely, look for a small or middle-sized projector. If you are going to use it at office for the business purposes, you need a stationary qualitative projector.
Top-5 best cheap projector under $200
- GooDee Upgrade HD Video Projector.
- DR. J Professional HI-04 1080P Supported.
- DBPOWER L21 LCD Video Projector.
- VANKYO LEISURE 3 Mini Projector.
- Bomaker Wi-Fi Mini Projector.
- YABER Portable Projector Y60.
Based on the chosen criteria, we offer you 5 best projectors up to $200 in 2020
|Picture||Product name||Main characteristics||Amazon Price|
|GooDee Upgrade HD Video Projector||Native Resolution: 1280*768.
Image Brightness: 300 ANSI lumens.
Contrast Ratio: 3,000:1.
Display Technology: LCD.
Projection screen: 44-230 in.
|DR. J Professional HI-04 1080P Supported||
|DBPOWER L21 LCD Video Projector||
|VANKYO LEISURE 3 Mini Projector||
|Bomaker Wi-Fi Mini Projector||Native Resolution: 1280*720.
Image Brightness: 5,000 lumens.
Contrast Ratio: 2,000:1.
Display Technology: LCD.
Projection screen: 35-300 in.
|YABER Portable Projector Y60||Native Resolution: 1280*720.
Image Brightness: 5,000 lumens.
Contrast Ratio: 5,000:1.
Display Technology: LCD.
Projection screen: 45-200 in.
1. GooDee Upgrade HD Video Projector
GooDee is mostly famous for its inexpensive models of projectors with a good level of brightness. This model is not an exception.
It is a multipurpose model, designed for both a home theater system (viewing movies, video games and slideshows) and business or education (displaying presentations).
The brightness of the projector equals 300 ANSI lumens. Its contrast is 3,000:1. These characteristics make an image high-quality even while watching dark videos. At the same time a color scheme of the device looks natural. A light in a room doesn’t hinder it.
Use LED light, adapt LCD technology, maximize lamp utilization while reducing losses, video projector offers up to 30,000 hours lamp life.
There are many useful functions in the projector. These include manual correction of trapezoidal distortions as well as HDMI, USB, VGA and AV interfaces for connecting external devices.
The screen is made using LCD technology. The projector’s resolution is 1280*768 pixels.
GooDee Upgrade HD Video Projector has LED lamps as a source of light. That is why the projector remains cool even after being used for a long time. The powerful fan is not necessary for the device, so it works very quietly.
The throw distance of 1.5 to 5.6 meters makes it possible to get a picture with the diagonal of 44-230 inches.
- The model has a 3-year warranty. It will be served and repaired for free.
- The lamp has a long lifetime.
- The device works very quietly.
- Color reproduction of the model is not very good.
- Dynamics are pretty weak.
2. DR. J Professional HI-04 1080P Supported
Fantastic projector, as the package includes a projector screen at once! DR.J projector is great for home theater, indoor and outdoor movies & kinds of video games by HDMI port connection. You can also connect a home theater system or surround sound system to get the best sound quality.
DR. J is compatible with TV Stick and Roku Stick – you need to use an HDMI connection to do this. The projector also supports AV in/out, TF Cards, USB, VGA interfaces, which will allow you to connect to Blue Ray DVD Player, Laptop, Compurter, Android / iOS device.
The lamp life DR. J Professional is 40000 hours. The image size is 32-176 inches with a projection of 5-16 feet. The projector has a high-quality lens that allows you to adjust the focus and achieve perfect clarity.
The projector’s cooling system includes two silent fans, and together with the built-in stereo speaker, you will enjoy the sound of the DR. J Professional.
- The projector screen is included in the package.
- Native Resolution is 1280*720.
- Compatible with TV Stick and Roku Stick and performs all TV functions.
- Not suitable for business presentations.
It’s small, built well, and most importantly, backed by a generous 3 years (36 month) warranty period with a 100% money-back guarantee.
3. DBPOWER L21 LCD Video Projector
DBPOWER L21 – this is a portable video projector that has its own resolution of 1280*720 pixels, supports full HD 1920*1080p and has an led lamp with a brightness of 5,000 lumens, working time of up to 50,000 hours.
Thanks to modern technologies, the projector projects a clear, balanced image, so that your eyes will not get tired when viewing, unlike a TV or laptop. A contrast ratio of 3000:1 will allow you to enjoy the sharpness of the image on the screen, even when you are watching a movie in black and gray.
The projector projects a screen from 40 to 200 inches, which will allow you to use it in small rooms and in the backyard.
To connect to a smartphone or tablet, you must use a wireless adapter with HDMI, this adapter with HDMI is not included, it must be purchased separately.
DBPOWER L21 works perfectly as a computer screen. All you have to do is switch to the HDMI port from the remote control, and then you can use any device connected to the projector.
- Many video and photo formats are supported.
- Easy setup.
- Clear and bright picture.
- Not recommended for PPT or business presentations.
- The power cord is quite short.
When choosing an inexpensive projector, you can safely buy this model. But this is a budget option, so you should not expect much from it.
4. VANKYO LEISURE 3 Mini Projector
The portable VANKYO Leisure 3 is ideal for home theater. The projector is equipped with an innovative cooling system with heat dissipation, as well as noise reduction technology that halves the sound of the fan. Two built-in speakers will bring you an amazing viewing experience.
Thanks to the use of modern technologies, this projector has an image brightness of 60% more than previous models of this projector.
Supports a resolution of 1920*1080 pixels, a contrast ratio of 2,000:1, which is ideal for home entertainment. Not recommended for presentation or office robots.
Vankyo Leisure 3 is suitable for playing videos, movies, sharing photos, watching football matches, etc. It can be easily connected to PS3, PS4, X-Box ONE to enjoy games. A special bag is designed for easy carrying and storage of the device.
Vankyo offers its customers a 3-year money-back guarantee, professional service and technical support.
- Comes with all the necessary cables for setup.
- Small size.
- The ratio of price-quality.
- No Dolby Digital support.
The Vankyo Leisure 3 projector has a nice amount of functionality and usability. It comes with video cables, remote, and a carrying bag.
5. Bomaker Wi-Fi Mini Projector
A projector with the wireless connection feature. It is compatible with Android, iOS Smartphones, Windows 10 Laptops, PCs and Mac. Now you do not have to look for a cable to attach your device to the projector, you can do it via the wireless connection. It’s very convenient, really!
The native resolution of the model is 1280*720 pixels, the brightness is 5,000 lumens, which is not a bad parameter for this class of projectors. The Bomaker projector produces a clear, bright image which you will enjoy every day.
The visual experience is amazing since the screen can go to a whopping size of 300 inches. This is more than enough for the home cinema experience.
- Wi-Fi supported.
- Ideal for gaming, movies, and sports.
- Brightness could be better.
6. YABER Portable Projector Y60
A small portable projector capable of projecting images of more than 200 inches. Y60 is made by the use of the advanced Metal Wire Drawing Technology, so it offers greater wear and temperature resistance than any other standard plastic material projector.
Featuring a native resolution of 1280*720 pixels, a brightness of 5,000 lumens and a contrast ratio of 5,000:1, Y60 is the first projector with the innovative LCD Panel technology which ensures bright images with an amazing definition, outstanding accuracy of the color and incredible details in pictures.
Thanks to the high brightness, YABER Y60 can be useful in low-light conditions as well. The built-in twin stereo speakers (3W) produce a clear sound.
The only way to adjust the projection size in most LCD projectors is to change the projection distance, while the Y60 projector can reduce images up to 75% of their original size through the remote control. Thanks to this innovative feature, there is no need to change the projector’s distance frequently enough in order to match the size of the screen.
The Y60 projector features a lot of inputs – 2x HDMI, 2x USB, AV, VGA, 3.5mm audio jack and an optical audio input.
- Compact and portable, which makes it more comfortable.
- A very bright image.
- The image at the edge of the screen is not as clear as in the center.
- The projector can play videos only from a USB drive in mp4 format.
So, what have to be considered when choosing projector?
There are many nuances which need to be envisaged before purchase. Some of them are more important, and others are not worthy of so close attention.
But for buying of that best projector which is really necessary for you and will serve long time, pay attention to the following main criteria:
- First of all figure out your budget (in this review we consider projectors up to $200).
- Decide how and where the projector will be used (watching movies at home, presentations in the office, at travelling, in professional or amateur activity).
- Projector resolution (the number of physical pixels of a matrix) is important characteristic of the device which affect the quality and sharpness of the image (Real/own resolution is the resolution of the image seen on the screen. The maximum resolution is the maximum allowable resolution of an input signal which the projector is able to transform to real).
- The luminous flux is the unit characterizing the light power of the projector which is measured in lumens though for simplification it is often called brightness.
You can also pay attention to such parameters as picture contrast, lamp life cycle, 3D-formats support, plugs available.
Read more detailed information about technical characteristics of projectors in our article How to Choose a Projector.
Conclusion – Best projector under 200 dollars – Buying guide
As time goes by, some projectors become cheaper. Companies produce new models with a more contemporary functionality.
Nowadays for less than $200 you can buy a projector with good technical characteristics. These include a high level of brightness, great contrast, different interfaces and the ability to connect many external devices. You will enjoy using such a model for a long time.
However, you have to keep in mind that some functions can be absent in the projector cheaper than $200. It may have some restrictions on the quality of the image or on some additional features. For example, this model doesn’t have to support 3D, have Wi-fi, play 4K videos and etc.
Anyway, everybody will find the device that he will enjoy using for a really long time. You just have to look for it more thoroughly.
The DBPOWER L21 LCD is the recommended low-cost projector. It is an advanced device, enhanced with the latest technological innovations.
The projector is equipped with a powerful LED light source (5,000 lumens) and a standard LCD image generation technology, which taken together makes the image bright and clear.
DBPOWER L21 LCD can be used everywhere in your life, no only the movies but also the video games, playing music. It can also be mounted to the ceiling easily.
If you are looking for an inexpensive, compact and convenient projector, the DBPOWER L21 LCD will be the right choice.